PALM ISLAND RESORT
Being Responsible For Our Business, Within Our Community,
To Our Staff, And To Our Property Owners
UPDATED MARCH 28, 2020
As I stated within my first correspondence, It is in the spirit of our partnership that I share with you updates in regard to the current status and the initiatives being implemented throughout our departments. Please note that some have updated operating hours and or procedural changes to assist us in being responsive, minimize personal contact and to do our part in deterring the spread of the virus through distancing.
It is important for each of you to know that the current plan of action is subject to change without notice. We are committed to keep you informed at the earliest possible time.
Thank you in advance for your participation in the procedural changes.
General to All Departments
- We continue to encouraged anyone wishing to speak to our supervisory and management staff, to make appointments in advance. Encouraged to refrain from “dropping by” This has been working well for the last week and thank you for your understanding.
- We continue to discourage anyone from from conversing socially with our employees while they perform their job duties in our effort to keep our employees healthy through minimizing non work related contact with other persons.
- We will continue to service property owners and/or associations that have a service agreement in place to the best of our ability. Subject to change at any time.
- We continue to screen our employees on a daily basis and encourage them to practice the health and sanitary requirement to limit the spread of the virus
- We encourage our management to work from home when practical and possible…..and APPLAUD those who continue to report to work due to their function being a key, essential function as commonly defined
- NOTE: Palm Island Beaches remain open and available to all owners and guests. Charlotte County and State of Florida have closed ALL beach parks. The State of Florida controls the beach up to its high water mark, and therefore we cannot enforce boaters who come up on the beach to the high water mark. There is another new Executive Order though, that requires recreational boaters not at a permitted mooring, slip or marina to be 50 feet apart from one another and no more than 10 people on any vessel in order to conform to the requirement of social distancing.
NOW: BELOW ONLY HIGHLIGHTS THE CHANGES AS OF THIS DATE
Guest Services/Front Desk
- We are conforming to Governor Executive Order 20-87. In doing so, we are calling all rental guests and cancelling their reservation, including direct family members of property owners expecting to utilize a rental unit for their stay
- Order 20-87 goes into effect as of tomorrow Sunday, March 29th through 5:30 pm on Good Friday, April 10th: SUBJECT TO A POTENTIAL EXTENSION
- Front Desk will be staffed from 8 am to 6 pm daily
- Bell Services will have on limited staff from 8 am to 7 pm daily
- Open from 1 pm to 5 pm today, Monday & Tuesday ONLY
- The Gift Store will be closed until further notice as of Wednesday, April 1st
- Inventory of Sundry items have already been moved down to Coconuts to better serve your needs
- If possible Coconuts will continue to service you with Gift Store requests if possible
Rum Bay Restaurant
- Open daily from 12 Noon to 8:00 pm
- Take-out & Delivery only: Food and liquor/beer/wine
- Easter Dinner is cancelled, but stay tuned for special features for this day
- Continue to check for evening specials like Wednesday’s 2 for1 appetizers. Presently considering a pizza night, maybe a rib night, hamburger night, etc.
- No updates at this time. Service continues to be suspended
- Open daily from 2 pm to 7 pm on weekends (Sat & Sun) and 3 pm to 7 pm on weekdays
- Curb Side Take-Out Only
- Limit all fitness activities to 8 people, only and 6 feet apart
- Scavenger Hunts and Nature Walks are suspended
- Tennis activities are limited to Pickleball and Clinics
- Private lessons are encouraged
- Saturday’s round robins are suspended
Sales & Marketing
Palm Island Properties
- Mid Island staffing to perform roving function throughout the resort instead of being positioned stationary at mid island.
· A second barge day shift on Saturdays has been suspended
Sincerely & With Prayers Thinking of You and Your Family,
Vice President & General Manager
On Behalf of Palm Island Resort
And Our Affiliated Companies